Have you been keeping up with what's going on in the wedding world this past month? Well, we are here to catch you up!
1. If you've ever wanted a piece of royalty, now is your chance! A piece of Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding cake is going up for auction! Next month on September 27th, the piece of cake from their 2011 wedding will start with a bidding price of $1,300, and of course, will go to the highest bidder. The cake was made by cake-designer Fiona Carns and includes 17 types of foliage, each with its own special meaning, and 900 expertly placed sugar-paste flowers. If you're interested, you can mind more information on the Chiswick Auction House website! Good luck to the bidders!
Photo credit: Hello Magazine UK and Chiswick Auction House
2. Continuing with royalty, Princess Mako of Japan, who is giving up her royal status for love, is scheduled to announce her wedding plans on September 3rd. She first made headlines back in May for her engagement with a commoner, Kei Komuro. Although Komuro is a "commoner," he is a law clerk and once starred in a tourism campaign for the coastal city of Fujisawa as the "Prince of the Sea." The princess and Komuro first met while studying at the International Christian School in Tokyo and have been quietly dating for the past 5 years.
Photo credit: The Asahi Shimbun via Getty Images
3. War Dogs actor, Miles Teller, proposed to longtime girlfriend Keleigh Sperry on a romantic getaway in South Africa! The two have been dating for four years now and cannot be cuter. Teller's grandma even tweets fiancee Sperry! While the two haven't said anything publicly yet, Sperry's sister made the announcement via Instagram and shared these beautiful photos with us!
Photo credit: Christie Sperry York / Instagram
4. The Obamas responded to a wedding invitation in the sweetest way! The bride's mother, Liz Whitlow, sent an invitation to the Obamas back in December when they were still in office. Months later after bride and groom, Brook Allen and Eddie Edgar, already said "I do," they received a congratulatory note in the mail. The bride took to Twitter to share this:
Photo credit: @96_brooke / Twitter
5. Try not to cry for this last one! The bride, Brittany Yost, always wanted her grandfather to officiate her wedding, but when he passed away last year, they knew it was no longer possible. The sweet, SWEET groom, Jordan, got a voice recording from the bride's sister's 2015 wedding and we'll let the video take it from here... grab your tissues!
What was your favorite wedding story during August 2017? Was it one of these? Share your thoughts with us!