Cake and dessert tastings are often the most fun part of wedding planning for us and our clients. Like others vendors, we want to make sure they are a good fit for you and your wedding. Whether our clients prefer a traditional wedding cake, a lighter European style cake, cupcakes, ice cream, or dessert bar, there are other questions that need to be answered before booking. Here are the questions you need to ask your cake designer or bakery before booking with them:
- Do you have my date available?
- Do you offer complimentary tastings?
- What type of cake flavors, filling, and icing do you offer?
- Can each tier be a different flavor?
- How do you price your cakes and desserts?
- What is the deposit and payment schedule?
- What is the cake delivery and set-up fee?
- Do you bring a designer to every delivery in case something should happen during transport?
- Have you been to my venue before?
- Can you provide a sketch of what my cake will look like?
- Do you offer other desserts like cheesecakes, cookies, dessert buffet, pies, or cupcakes?
- Do you provide cake stands? Is that an additional cost? What is the rental and return policy?
- Do you also do a groom's cake?
What flavors did you have for your wedding cake? Did you have a dessert bar instead? Let us know what you did or are planning on doing in the comments below!