In Case You Missed It: Wedding Stories of July '17
Just in case you missed it, here are a FEW things that happened in the wedding world in July 2017! It was quite eventful so we'll just get right to it!
1. The first story WE HAVE TO share with you is the abrupt closing of Alfred Angelo! It certainly shocked us and the wedding industry! On July 14, 2017, Alfred Angelo filed for bankruptcy and as a result, they closed all of their retail stores, corporate offices, and wholesale stores immediately. Thankfully the wedding industry pulled together and numerous bridal boutiques offered to assist Alfred Angelo brides by selling their dresses at discounted prices for them. A seamstress from Alfred Angelo in Tulsa, Oklahoma is even graciously working on her own time from home - free of charge - to make sure some of these brides still get their dream dress.
If you're an Alfred Angelo bride that still doesn't know what's going on with your dress, here's what they have written on their website:
"Margaret Smith is the Court appointed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee. If you wish to be contacted regarding your order status once information is available, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your order number, name as it appears on your purchase order, the location of your purchase and the date of your wedding. We will post additional information regarding the status of pending orders on this website as it becomes available."
2. On a lighter note, did you see Miranda Kerr's wedding dress?! She married Snapchat CEO, Evan Spiegel, in late May at a cozy and intimate - less than 50 guests - wedding at their home garden. This month, we finally got to see her custom Dior, Grace Kelly, Aubrey Hepburn, inspired-dress. Talk about gorgeous!
3. Dancing With The Stars Julianne Hough also married NHL player Brooks Laich this month! They had a romantic, outdoor wedding at Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho where Hough spent holidays growing up. They had more than 2,000 blooms, including 100 flower boxes and 200 garden roses, confetti canons, fireworks, and of course, a surprise choreographed dance by the bridesmaids.
4. Okay, enough about celebrities. Let's get to the everyday people, like us. Did you see this adorable video of a 4-year old boy crying at his new stepmom while she was reading her vows to him?! Both the bride and groom are Marines, but the son is the groom's. The bride wanted to make a vow to the son since they've developed a special bond with him and since she also holds a special place in her heart for her own stepfather, too. "I may not have give you the gift of life, but life has given me the gift of you." Agh, my heart! Check out the video and try not to tear up!
5. Lastly, did you see this proposal video of these two dancers?! We'll let the video do the talking. Their bit starts around 3:15 if you just want to skip ahead.
What was your favorite wedding story of July 2017? Was it one of these? Share your thoughts with us!
#weddingstories #weddingproposal #weddingvows #weddingdresses